Saturday 22 February 2020

Biker back on the road again ...

Hello everyone! It's been a while. Hopefully, spring is near, after all this rainy, windy, cold weather 🤞.
I just wanted to share one of my latest "cases" with you. A few weeks ago, I was talking to a gentleman in his late 60s whom I've met a few times in the café where my partner and I sometimes have lunch. I'd noticed that he moved as if he was in pain and asked him about it. He told me that he was indeed suffering from back and hip pain and that he had seen several doctors and therapists, but without much success. Watching him moving about, I had a notion as to what was wrong and offered to "have a look" if he agreed to see me at the clinic some time.
He booked in and when I examined him, my first impression proved to be right: it appeared that one leg was longer than the other. That doesn't mean that the leg itself is longer, it just appears like this as the thigh bone had jumped out of the hip socket and created a "pelvic misalignment".
Using the DORN method (a gentle form of chiropractic), I corrected the misalignment on his left side and also showed him some simple exercises to do at home. When he left, I asked him to update me in two weeks. When he phoned, he told me that he was almost pain-free and even managed to ride his motorbike, which he wasn't able to do, because of the pain, in a long time! He only felt a little niggle in his left hamstring when he got off his bike and booked in for another appointment.
During his second session, I checked if he had been doing his exercises - which he had - and inserted one acupuncture needle in the left gluteus maximus.
After a week, he phoned me again to tell me that he is now pain-free and would like to come and see me once a month, to keep "on top of things".

If you would like to know more about the DORN method, please get in touch. 

Speak soon!

www.grovewellnessclinic.net

No comments:

Post a Comment